It’s the beginning of the new year, which means we are surrounded by New Year’s Resolutions and fresh starts. I am not big on New Year’s Resolutions, but I am a fan of new beginnings. Especially after last year. You know that saying, “You want to make God laugh? Tell him about your plans…” I did just that. I guess a better way to say was last year, I was doing that, telling God my plans and He laughed.
Not only did He laugh, but He
changed rewrote my plans in a HUGE way.
Last year, I planned to swim open water races in 5 different states; show my horse at several shows; play lots of tennis; spend lots of time at the cottage; wakeboard several times a week.
What did I do?
Well not much of that.
I spent time with God… not in ways I expected. I am normally BEYOND BUSY… but last year, I rested. I spent lots off time at the doctor. I focused on getting my body to heal and enjoying life.
So this year, I am not making a resolution or even a plan BUT… I am making goals.
- Continue to work on improving my health.
- Grow in my relationship with God.
- Show my family I love them and support them.
- Give my all at work.
- Consistently post here.
- Show Louie at a couple of shows.
- Swim in a couple of open water races.
- Buy a road bike. I rode with some of my co-workers 2 summers ago and loved it! I was too sick this year to ride.
- Read more– this I miss, so I will carve out time to enjoy some quality reading time.
- Enjoy the year!
I like the idea of goals because you can adjust them. If this year has the same challenges as last year, then I can adjust my goals. So here is to a new year that is already in full swing– Let’s make it great!
Ps. please be patient as I have moved the blog to a new platform and working on setting it up 😉
pps. thanks to aikidoofcharlotte.com for the pic.